Automotive Group Training (AGT) is a leading employer of apprentices in Plant Mechanics. We help mentor and support the next generation of Plant Mechanics through employment and accredited vocational education pathways.
Automotive Group Training currently has an awesome opportunity for a motivated 1st – 2nd Year Plant Mechanic Apprentice to join our team located in Auburn.
Do you have a passion to become a Plant Mechanic?
Do you want the opportunity to grow your skills working on a variety of machinery and equipment ranging from small engine landscaping through construction and agricultural machine? Then here is the opportunity for you!
The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things mechanical and a great work ethic.
To be considered as a Potential Candidate
- Must have your driver’s licence and own transport preferred
- Have completed Year 10 School Certificate
- Have the ability to work in a team environment
- Are committed to provide a quality service to colleagues and customers
- Have a basic understanding of mechanics and demonstrate an interest in the industry
- Are motivated and eager to learn
- A person with great attention to detail
- Any mechanical maintenance experience is highly valued.
You will gain practical experience working in a service workshop with a qualified plant mechanic whilst studying to complete your Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology. Our client is a family owned company that has built a varied and growing business in the service, sales and rentals of landscaping and construction equipment and machinery.
The Responsibilities of the Role:
- Adhering to WHS Standards
- inspect the engines, gearboxes, hydraulics, electrical systems
- Repair, service & fit engineering components
- Perform complete engine overhauls and rebuilds
- Perform electric/electronic measurement
- Assist in maintaining tidiness and organisation of workshop
Heavy Vehicle and Mobile Plant apprentices encouraged to apply.
For more information and a chat about this awesome opportunity, call our crew on 02 9796 3655.