Who are we?
Apprenticeship Careers Australia is one of Australia's leading employers of apprentices and trainees, across a wide range of industries. We are a key division of the NSW Business Chamber, the states peak not for profit business organisation,
We've made it our mission to help apprentices and trainees find the job they'll love, and to help businesses find talent best suited for their company's needs. Over the years we have have helped guide thousands of young Australians kick-start their careers with a vocational apprenticeship or traineeship.
What will you be doing?
As an Account Manager with Apprenticeship Careers Australia, no 2 days will be the same, your new role will see you:
- Recruit potential apprentices and trainees and match them with some of Australia's "employers of choice" to help them gain the hands on experience to enable them to graduate successfully and become Australia's next generation of young trade professionals.
- The key responsibility of the role is to maximise the successful completion rates of apprentices and trainees, through the provision of effective mentoring and support. Working closely with your allocated team and building close relationships that will see you guide them through up to 4 years of study and training.
- You will build and develop relationships with host employers, ensuring mutually beneficial outcomes for our apprentices, trainees and host employers.
- Identify Business Development opportunities, which will see you grow your portfolio of host employers, enabling you to provide new opportunities to increase the number of apprentices and trainees launching their careers with Apprenticeship Careers Australia.
- On a daily basis you will be developing relationships across a diverse range of individuals and organisations to ensure the success of your portfolio. This will see you working with employers, careers advisors, education professionals, youth organisations, job network providers and TAFE's.
- You will have the opportunity to represent Apprenticeship Careers Australia at NSW Business Chamber seminars, trade functions, careers days, Expos and our legendary pop up recruitment events.
- There is a strong administration component to this role, but we will provide you with all of the tools necessary to assist you in managing this effectively.
- Ensuring a safe working environment for our apprentices and trainees is imperative, on a daily basis you will be working closely with our host employers, apprentices and trainees in a consultative role to ensure safety is at the forefront of everything we do.
Essential criteria to succeed in your new role:
- Excellent communication and people skills, with ability to deal with a wide range of individuals on a daily basis in a consultative professional manner.
- You will have a mature outlook, but still be able to have empathy with your apprentices and trainees and be able to to build a rapport with individuals who may be a 16 year old school leaver starting their first job or a skilled, mature individual making a life style change.
- It is essential that you have excellent time management skills and be able to multi task and prioritise your daily workload.
- Highly demonstrable negotiation and influencing skills
- An entrepreneurial flair and the ability to see opportunities others may miss
- An understanding of Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) and State Training Authority (STA) data bases (JOB READY & CHIP) will be highly regarded, however the commitment to make it a priority to gain this knowledge may suffice.
- Current driver's licence
- Hold a valid or willing to obtain prior to commencement, a Working with Children Check
On offer is a salary commensurate with experience, FMCV, smart phone, laptop and an excellent supportive team environment. This role will see you splitting your time between our modern executive office in Parramatta and traveling throughout the Greater Sydney area.
Perhaps the most important element on offer with this role is that on a daily basis you will be making a positive difference to people's lives and the future growth of Australia. At our annual conference our divisional Director told us that every day he heads to the office he is looking forward to making a difference and he hopes the people in his team feel the same way.
If this sounds like you, click the Apply Now button and send us your resume. We are looking for the person to start soon so don't delay in applying!
Please note, applicants must have unrestricted work rights in Australia, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.