Automotive Group Training (AGT) is the leading employer of apprentices and trainees in the auto mechanical and marine trades. We help mentor and support the next generation of engineering and mechanical apprentices through employment and vocational education pathways.
AGT has partnered with one of Sydney’s leading suppliers of marine, mining and industrial diesel engines, generators who are looking for enthusiastic, mechanically minded 1st Year Marine Mechanical Apprentices to complete Certificate III in Marine Mechanical Technology.
Our partner has a fully equipped workshop that is able to handle large engine rebuilds, overhauls, re-powering, new installs along with regular ongoing servicing and repairs. As you progress through the apprenticeship you will accompany field technicians in a fleet of mobile workshop vehicles to travel to sites.
- Someone who has completed a min year 10
- A person with a passion and aptitude for engines and things mechanical
- Someone able to work in a logical and organised manner
- Someone able to meet the physical needs of the role
- A person who works confidently and safely with tools and machinery
- Totally committed to completing a marine mechanical apprenticeship
Some of the duties include:
- Following safe work practices and learning to work with a variety of hand and power tools
- Helping clean and organise workshop
- Diagnosing, servicing and repairing varying range of small to medium size diesel engines/transmissions across marine, industrial and mining industries
- Servicing & repairing Industrial generators.
- Working alongside qualified tradesmen to complete your apprenticeship
All suitable candidates will be considered if a resume and cover letter is attached.
For more information and a chat about this awesome opportunity, call our crew on (02) 9796 3655.