Extremely rare, Exciting Long-Term Opportunity in local government with Dual Trade Option available now! We are on the hunt for a motivated and passionate 1st – 2nd Year Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Apprentice. You will also have the option to complete a Mobile Plant Bridging Course after completing your Certificate III in Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Technology, also receiving real on the job experience in Mobile Plant. As the leading employer of Apprentices and Trainees across Sydney, we help mentor and support the next generation of Heavy Vehicle Mechanics.
If you are looking to start your career, you must be able to show at least basic experience in Automotive. If you’re looking to continue your Trade and want a great company to work with look no further!
What we are looking for:
- Provisional Driver’s licence is a must
- Someone who likes to work in a team
- An aptitude for Mechanics
- Friendly, easy to talk to and polite
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Motivated and eager to learn
- Someone who takes pride in everything you do
- Have a passion and interest for all aspects in automotive
As a Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Apprentice, you would work on heavy commercial vehicles specialising on trucks and trailers, performing a range of service, repair and diagnostic procedures including engines, transmissions and final drive assemblies as well as complete a Certificate III in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics.
Some of the duties include:
- Diagnose and repair diesel engines, gearboxes and exhaust systems
- Diagnose and repair heavy commercial vehicle steering systems & suspension
- Diagnose and repair heavy vehicle air over hydraulic braking systems
- Test, charge and replace batteries and jump-start vehicles
- Test and repair basic electrical circuits
- Remove, inspect and refit heavy vehicle wheel and tyre assemblies
- Select and use bearings, seals, gaskets, sealants and adhesives
- Inspect and service suspension systems
- Must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must have current driver’s licence (Min Provisional 1)
- Be punctual and always on time
- Eager and willing to learn all aspects of the trade.
All suitable applications will be considered if a resume and a detailed cover letter is attached.
For more information and a chat about this awesome opportunity, email us at Info@apprenticeshipcareers.com.au