Automotive Group Training (AGT) is the leading employer of apprentices and trainees in the metal fabrication industry. We help mentor and support the next generation of Engineering Fabricators through employment and vocational education pathways.
Automotive Group Training currently has an awesome opportunity for a motivated 1st Year Engineering Fabrication Apprentice to join our team located in Smithfield. You will be working for a fantastic family orientated company servicing their High Performance Motor Vehicle Workshop as well as other areas of their business, in tigwelding, sheet metal, pattern making, casting & moulding just to name a few. Our client delivers high quality innovative solutions for the motor industry.
- Friendly, easy to talk to and polite
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Motivated and eager to learn
- Someone who takes pride in everything you do
- A motor vehicle enthusiast
You will be surrounded by experiences tradesmen and part of a large apprentice and trainee community. You will gain practical experience working on site with our metal fabrication/ automotive partner in Smithfield whilst studying to complete a Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade
- Welding car parts, suspension work, chasis work
- Make, design, engineer and maintain quality products
- Welding plates
- Perform engineering measurements
- Apply quality procedures
- Work with others in an engineering/ automotive environment
- Minimum Year 10 education completed
- Must have some experience in tigwelding
- Must be able to lift 20kgs
- An aptitude for mathematics and English
- Be open to gaining experience in all facets of the trade
Juniors are encouraged to apply!
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity and apply today!
For more information and a chat about this awesome opportunity, call our crew on 02 9796 3655.