AGT has teamed up with one of Sydney’s leading suppliers & repairers of marine and industrial diesel engines & generators. We are on the lookout for an enthusiastic, mechanically minded 1st Year Marine Mechanical Apprentice to complete Certificate III in Marine Mechanical Technology.
Our partner has a fully equipped workshop that is able to handle large engine rebuilds, overhauls, re-powering, new installs along with regular ongoing servicing and repairs. As you progress through the apprenticeship you will accompany field technicians in a fleet of mobile workshop vehicles to travel to sites.
The company you’ll work with does a lot of work within the Marine field, such as working on some of the Royal Australian Navy ships. You must be willing to travel interstate and even overseas as part of your employment. This role requires true passion & the ability to also work different hours & days.
- A person with a passion and aptitude for engines and things mechanical
- Someone able to work in a logical and organised manner
- Someone able to meet the physical needs of the role
- A person who works confidently and safely with tools and machinery
- Totally committed to completing a marine mechanical apprenticeship
- Willing to travel away from home, for several weeks at a time
Some of the duties include:
- Following safe work practices and learning to work with a variety of hand and power tools
- Diagnosing, servicing and repairing varying range of small to medium size diesel engines/transmissions across marine, industrial and mining industries
- Maintenance, repair and overhauling jobs on engines & engine components in the workshop
- Maintenance of workshop machinery and equipment
- Maintain a clean workshop environment
- Be a team player: support colleagues and superiors, share information, contribute to a friendly work atmosphere
- Must be Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must have current Drivers Licence. (Minimum P1 or close to obtaining)
- Neat & tidy appearance (company uniform provided)
- Time efficient
- Motivated and eager to learn
- Physically fit – to carry heavy objects
- Must be able to travel interstate or overseas, for several weeks at a time
All suitable candidates will be considered if a resume and cover letter is attached.
For more information and a chat about this awesome opportunity, call our crew on (02) 9796 3655. Or email us at Info@apprenticeshipcareers.com.au